Sunday, April 27, 2014

NAB Show 2014

The NAB Show was an excellent experience. I paired up with a friend of mine who isn't in the film program but he wants to be so he decided to join me. The show itself was very insightful. It started me thinking about purchasing as camera for myself. I started to realize how expensive they were and began forgetting about the idea.
NVIDIA's 4K booth.
Nvidia had a very cool booth with graphic cards that support 4K games, movies, editing software, etc. One of the reps from the booth started talking about some really cool animating software and then started talking about the NAB Show itself. He mentioned the BlackMagic booth and said that it has tons of film equipment for much cheaper than average prices. BlackMagic was fantastic and now I'm looking into purchasing my own camera.

Something that was at the BlackMagic booth.
The coolest thing I thought was all the booths about loyalty/free stock footage and music scores. I had no idea that such helpful tools were available. Warner Bros. Music, to be specific, was my favorite of the music selections. And stock footage from Motion Elements was really cool as well. They gave me a flashdrive.

The absolute best thing about NAB was all the free stuff people gave you. I have so many things to look over now that it is over!

Here some other random photos that I took. 

Sharp's RedGiant.
Giant film projector.







No comments:

Post a Comment