Sunday, April 27, 2014

Record Store Day

I went up to Groovacious on Record Store Day and had a blast. I got some reissued vinyl, a pressing of an old album, and even a brand new Skrillex album made specifically on cassette tape.

That was great and all but there was work to be done. I had to talk with the owner to see what he thought of my idea, if he was okay with it. I approached the owner, Tim is his name, and asked him if that would be alright. He said that he liked the idea and would be okay with it. He said people do stuff like that all the time.

I was feeling pretty good. After leaving Groovacious my friend informed me that Tim had been diagnosed with throat cancer. Immediately I felt dumb for bringing up my capstone to him. what if he only has a certain amount of time to live? Of course he wouldn't want to humor a college film student. Then I thought that maybe This could help. Maybe it could get him support. It could add emotion to the film.

I'm still not sure what to make of it though. But on the bright side, Groovfest is this summer and I can get some footage of the music festival for my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment